Find out how you can help beauty professionals in need of support during these trying and uncertain times.
COVID-19 has left thousands of MUA’s, hair stylists, and estheticians out of work… without the resources to pay bills or make a living doing what they love. But there’s a reason we call it the beauty community. It’s amazing how a good cut crease or blowout can bring people together, and there are plenty of ways to lend a hand to beauty service professionals during these stressful times. We’re all in this together, and now is the moment to extend your support and spread love like your favorite foundation.
How can we support beauty service professionals out of work because of COVID-19:
- If you cancel an appointment due to COVID-19, you may want to consider still paying your hair stylist, makeup artist, or esthetician - especially if you have a good relationship with them. Just think about all the times he/she gave you the best brow wax ever. If this is not an option right now, consider a tip. Just a few dollars can make a difference, and Venmo or e-transfer makes it easy — and contactless!
- Book appointments for the summer or fall to show your loyalty and ensure your business. If gift cards or beauty tools/products are currently available to buy online, make a purchase to give them a cash infusion that can support them right now.
- Although weddings, proms, shopping and social events have been cancelled, we can still prep and help each other virtually. Sign up for beauty service pros’ online workshops and consultations via FaceTime and video chat — and share them with your friends & followers on social media. It can be a new, interesting experience while you pick up tips and tricks from some of the industry’s best! Check out some resources below:
- Leave an online review for your favorite beauty professionals, salons, and shops. There’s a good chance that you found your favorite salon through social media or online reviews, so why not let others do the same? Reviews are important for search positioning, and they spread the word while helping your favorite spots build up their business.
- MIRA BEAUTY created a Relief Fund to help support beauty professionals who are currently out of work. Don’t hesitate to tell your friends, share on social media, and donate if you can. Send contributions here: https://www.paypal.me/MiraReliefFund
We're stronger together, so let us as a community vow to lift each other up and offer support however we can.